We are now more than half way through 2019. Time waits for no man (or woman). Do you have unrealized dreams that you have in your heart? Or have you started pursuing some of your dreams but you have abandoned them for one reason or another? You may be thinking that it is already half way through 2019 and you don’t have much to show for it! Or you have some pep in your step now and you want to finish the year better than how you started it.
The great news is that each day is a new day and an opportunity to do something new! You CAN have a more intentional rest of the year by following these 3 steps. This simple 3 step process can be used at any time to get moving on your dreams and/or any goals.
Get a pen and paper and answer the following questions.
Step 1: Where do you want to go?
- list 1-2 bigger items here you would like to accomplish if you are just starting out. List something that would take a longer time to accomplish i.e. 6 months to 1 yr
- if you are already pursuing some of your dreams but not others, list your audacious dream here- something you could not do on your own. What is your God dream? What scares you? What haven’t you verbalized to anyone else? What is the next level up for you? Write this dream down.
Step 2: Where are you now?
- This is where you write down where you are currently compared to where you want to go
- If you are just getting started with pursuing your dreams do not let what appears to be the distance away from your goals deter you in any way. You can get there…step by step.
- If you have been accomplishing some goals, I celebrate with you! There is always something MORE for you to do. Celebrate. Then move on. Don’t get stuck in your past successes.
Step 3: How do you get there?
- how will you get from where you are currently to where you want to go
- Write out what needs to be done to get there
- Go back over this list and add in the how, where, when and who for each “to do”
- make a written plan in chronological order with time lines
Now…..follow your plan!
Still need some more help, check out our quarterly group coaching sessions. Join a small group of like minded people who are also on the same journey you are on. You will be equipped, encouraged and stretched to make a plan and do it!